Facilitated by Comhlámh staff and returned development workers, attendees will have a chance to explore together some of the important issues of the return/reintegration process:
- Putting the overseas experience into context
- Dealing with the challenges and opportunities of being home
- Applying the vast skills gained overseas for development issues from Ireland
- Understanding Reverse Culture Shock
- Looking at networking and career possibilities
- An informal and relaxed space to meet like minded people, socialise and share experiences openly and safely
- A reflection on the overseas experience
- Strategies for being “home”
- A consideration of critical perspectives on volunteering
- An opportunity to consider future activities and career options
How much does it cost?€50 – single ensuite accommodation & meals included
(No charge for RRC deployees or UNVs)
When and where?9-5pm, 19th & 20th of Oct 2013 inclusive (Residential), at All Hallows College, Gracepark Rd, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
How can I book?To download a booking form please click here or for further information contact Susan to book or for any enquiries by email [email protected] or call 01 4783490.
Space is limited so please book early!